Bloustein Local engages in a range of services, including:
- Encouraging and conducting applied and academic research on local government fiscal and administrative issues, emphasizing application and support to New Jersey local government.
- Development of resources that can assist others in conducting research and analysis.
- Organize and host conferences and symposia on New Jersey local government fiscal and administrative issues.
- Support of New Jersey local government fiscal and administrative policy development, implementation, and analysis though contract research and on-call advice for organizations and institutions that engage in local government policy setting and policy making.
- Promote and increase public understanding of local government issues by partnering with and supporting civic and media organizations that inform and education the public on local government matters.